Outlawz Freebie challenge - Flowers in a basket

Hello everyone!  So I was really really busy today (I should say yesterday since it's now midnight...) shows that I'm on vacation... staying much later than I ought too... but trying to catch up and so much stuff that I want to do and so very little time...

I had a really nice visit from my dad and stepmom today!  It was great fun.  She loves to craft as well so we discussed that while the guys were talking writing... my hubby is writing a book at the moment and the 1st reader is my dad... so there was much discussion on that.  Looking forward to being able to read his novel on day...

So I did a lot of DT cards for this weekend... and trying to get ahead but so far not much success there... too much other stuff to do.

For this post I finally got around to playing with the Freebie from Outlawz!  About time since it's going to be over on the 10th of March... so if I wanted to be in time I had to move my A...

This time around we had the choice of 3 great digis.  I chose to play with Flowers in a basket from Annes digital because I'm really fed up of winter and that one really reminded me of spring!

I kept this card fairly simple... just added some paper from Alora by Bobunny.  I used a prima flower.  The flourish is made with my Cameo.  The sentiment was stamped with a stamp I got on special.  I better get moving in making some French cards because I want to give boxes of those to my kids teachers as end of year presents... so need more French ;)

Here's a closer look at the digi that I colored using my copics:

So is this bright and cheerful enough?!?  Can you tell I'm fed up of white and snow?!?

I followed this sketch to make it:


I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

  1. Outlawz challenges - Sketch
  2. Outlawz challenges - Freebie
So that's it for me!  Going to bed now ;)  Goodnight everyone!!!

Hugs

Vicky
Xo
I’m doing a giveaway to celebrate my 1 year of blogging! If you are a follower You can enter at this post and if you’re not now is a great time to become one… http://crafting-vicky.blogspot.ca/2013/03/candy-for-celebrating-my-1st-year-of.html


Comments

  1. Beautiful coloring -- looks very cheerful and not at all like the grays of winter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love your card. I signed up for the Outlawz a couple weeks ago, but haven't done anything there - great to see that you are. Great coloring on the image. Enjoy your time off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I'm with you - can't wait for Spring to get here and this card helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vicky,
    That is surely a pretty image; I love flowers; your coloring is lovely and it's a very beautiful spring card. Thank you for your sweet comment on my step card. I really appreciate your time.
    Hugs,
    Asmah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card, beautiful image and design:)
    Happy weekend my dear:)
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

400 followers giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10