My 1st video and a very special album

Hello everyone!  I'm totally excited to share with you something very special that I made for my brother and his WIFE.  Yup my brother finally got MARRIED and I wanted to make something for them that would be unique.

I've also been asked many times to do videos... and I was too shy.... but I figured if I was going to do one this would be the time so that I can do a flip through and explain it all to you.  So here's my 1st EVER video.  Hope you like it and give me thumbs up!  This will encourage me to do more... lol

For those of you that might not want to see the videos I'm going to share the pictures here.  I won't go in details of what I used because you can see it in the video :)  But most of the sentiments (which I can't tag all here because there are too many) are from Create with TLC and I also used some ATC tags and papers from Ephemeras vintage garden which has a lot of nice tags for free!

Most of my papers are from MME and I used some Martha steward embellishments.  I also added some charms to the side of the album.  The album itself is made using my Cinch.  I also distressed this with vintage photo ink and my Tim Holtz distresser.

I wanted the album to be sturdy and last therefore I used some cereal cardboard between my paper and then stitched it all around using my sewing machine.

The closure was done using some ribbon that I got at a thrift store and reusing an old belt buckle from my kids!  I also reused an envelope to put the song that my brother had on his video.

I had not yet received pictures when I made this album therefore I used the snipping tool from Microsoft to snip it from the video and then used photoscape to age them!!!!!

Took me a long time lol but it was worth it and I really hope that they will have fun filling up the pages with some memories of their lives and of that special day!

Here are all the pictures!  And yes there are many!!!! Be warned!!! :)


















I'm entering this little album in the following challenges:

  1. Crafting by designs - Reuse/Recycled - that's what I did with the buckle, ribbon, envelope in the middle as well as the cereal box cardboard
  2. Nordsalten-hobbyklubb - Wedding cards and creations
  3. Not just cards challenges - Anything goes
  4. Dream valley challenges - Distressing
  5. Frilly and funkie - Something to say - I included lots of little words and sentiments!
  6. Pennys challenges - Anything goes
  7. Crafting from the heart challenge blog - Anything goes
  8. 613 Avenue Create - Anything goes
  9. Doodle artifacts - Anything goes but recycle
  10. Rhedds creative spirit - Mixed media anything goes
That's it for me!!!!  Hope you like this!  I've noticed that I dropped 2 followers... that makes me quite sad... hope you still like what I do even if it's not as many cards anymore....

Hugs

Comments

  1. Good Lord lady~! That is the most gorgeous piece of art I have ever seen. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. What a fantastic gift you created. You have definitely found your groove~!
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful album Vicky, great video, didnt expect the french accent, even though i know you are french, doh!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous video and gorgeous album, Vicky! Loved all of the meaningful additions and hidden places to journal. Brava! Hope this is the first of many. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous album Vicky. I bet your brother just loved it. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Vicky, wow you have created a fabulous album for your brother, it is stunning and every page is packed with interest. Great vidio, please carry them on. Thanks for joining our challenge at Penny's Paper Crafty and we hope you will join us again soon. Jennifer DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Vicky, this is stunning! Absolutely marvelous!!! The book is just filled with fabulous details and I love the way you've included the lyrics of that song in the book. And your video is great, just keep doing plenty more!

    Hugs,
    Hanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome book,Vicky. Thanks for the video and showing all your beautiful pages.
    It is eye candy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. An a beautiful amazing project, they will be overjoyed with the precious items you have included.

    Good to "hear" you too. Keep up with the videos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a beautiful project! Great work!
    Thanks for playing along in the 613 Avenue Create Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Natalie
    INKognito

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous album Vicky, I'm sure your brother and his wife were thrilled to receive it. Great job on the video. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so lovely and such a wonderful keepsake for your brother and his wife...
    Thank you for joining in with our challenge this month over at http://rheddscreativespirit.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is simply gorgeous! I love mini albums, and this one is fab! Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now that's a labour of love Vicky! LOVE the whole way this has come together with so much to see on every page. Beautiful work. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, so many wonderful pages to look at with lots of fabulous elements. I made a mini album a couple months ago and know the time it takes so your brother and his wife will cherish the work you put into this. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow this is truly a fantastic album. A true labour of love but also an amazing keepsake.
    Thank you for joining in with Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Vicky!!! this is simply stunning! So much love and care and work that you've put into creating this awesome album! I love it. And I love your voice! You sound nothing like I imagined!! The French accent in there was a surprise! Feel like I know you a bit better now after hearing you!
    Love this and thank you for sharing at Crafting by Designs too. Hugs, mo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic!! What a project!! Thanks for joining us at NSHK.
    DT-Brita

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful wedding present! Thank you for joining us at NSHK.
    :) Karen Elise

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely beautiful project Vicky, You have created such a lovely memento that I am sure your brother and his wife will treasure always. The recycled belt made for a great closure, I really like that idea. Also enjoyed watching your video and I love your accent.
    Thank you for sharing your wonderful project in the July challenge on Recycle, Re-Purpose & Re-Invent and look forward to seeing more from you.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway