Vacation - USA

Hello everyone!  So finally the vacation is here!  After a day of packing and travelling and setting up, today we enjoyed our 1st official day of vacation and the weather was just GORGEOUS!   I think I might have gotten a sunburn...

Here's a picture of the beautiful beach and lake Champlain:
And as last year I have started a journal for the camping vacation!  I was super happy when I saw this fabulous set because that was my start inspiration for this American Pride from Imagine That:
Wow have you checked this out?!? Fabulous digis, sentiments and papers and all for 6.5$? That is such a fabulous deal!!!!  And it totally needed to be the start of my journal since I was coming to the States!

So I used a sentiment and a digi for the cover page and the inside.  I used my word document to add some extra information to this.  I'm using a smash book.  Sorry if I didn't remove the plastic cover.. I didn't want it dirty from the kids leaving it on a table unattended... yeah... I sound like I'm speaking from experience... well it's because I AM!


And here's a closer look with a little less reflection on the cover page

And here's the 1st page of the book:
And a closer look
I didn't  go totally nuts with the papers because I have to print from here... and well I have limited supplies.  But you can imagine all the fun you can have with this great set with your journal?!?  I used my word document to add the extra text box with the details on where we were and the timeline.

I'm entering this journal in the following challenges:
  1. Chocolate coffee cards - For the birds
  2. Inky impressions challenges  - Summer fun - we are definitively having a lot of summer fun :)
  3. Pennys challenges - anything goes
  4. Wordart wednesday - anything goes
That's it for me for today!  They are announcing a bit of rain tomorrow... hope it won't be that much....

Hugs

Comments

  1. Not sure if that last comment went thru since I wasn't signed in yet. This is FABBY Vicky! What a neat way to incorporate the papers and digis from this kit *Ü* Great beginning for your journal. I wish you lots more beautiful weather the rest of your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOOOOHOOOOO for vacations!!! The photo is beautiful!!!
    I hope you all have such a wonderful and blessed time! Make many wonderful and happy memories :) and RELAX! all of those things.. hehehe! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous creation & a great way to remember your holidays!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Inky Impressions this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Vicky,

    I'm so happy to hear that you guys have arrived safe and sound. I hope that you and your family create bunches of beautiful memories to carry with you for a life time. It is nice that you're still able to have the full bunch together to do these kinds of things.

    The start of your journal looks awesome. I too just love those KD Kits from IT. So many wonderful items brimming inside.

    Happy camping and I wish you great weather as well. Take care my friend.

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous! So glad you liked our little kit. Your selection is so cute...I hope I can use this on my store page, Diane's Daydream Designs. I also showcase that kit, but I'd want to use it with the Playfully Patriotic set in the store. May I have your permission to use it? I can designate you as the artist, and can link the photo here to your blog.

    Also....Thank you so much for sharing your creation with us at Word Art Wednesday this week. We always appreciate inspiring works of art and we are so glad you shared yours with us. May your week be blessed.
    Diane Noble (DT-WAW)
    Diane's Daydream Designs Digi Store

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it, Vicky - great journal and I hope you're having a fab time.

    Thanks for joining us at Penny's.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

400 followers giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10