In loving memory of Mrs Monique Parker

Today would have been my Mother-in-laws B-day!  It's her 1st birthday since her passing... and well she's really missed...

We lighted up a candle in her honor and shared some loving memories of her.  So many!!!  Here's her picture.
Just had to do a post to say how much I miss her, she was such an inspiration!!!!

I made a little card that reminded me of her.  I used the wonderful digi 1300 Vintage family group from Create with TLC because well she was a huge pilar to her family!  And she was soooo happy to be surrounded by her kids and grandkids.
I kept this card really CAS because I wanted the focus to be on the image and the sentiment.  To age those I used my word software.  I used paper from Studio Calico from American Craft.

Here's a closer look at the digi that I used vintage photo on the edge. 

I used a wonderful sentiment from A Piece of Heart, she has wonderful freebie sentiment and this one was just perfect for this occasion!!!  You should go and check her out.
To make this card I followed this sketch:
PPA155w-frame
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

  1. Pals paper arts - Sketch
  2. Challenges 4 everybody - Anything goes
  3. Wordart wednesday - Anything goes
  4. Aud sentiments challenge - For a girl
  5. Brown sugar challenge - Anything goes
Huge hello to my followers!!!  Can't believe I'm at 293!!!  I hope that my MIL sees this... she was always so encouraging and would be really impressed on how far I've traveled in the blog world in only 1 year!!!
Which reminds me that there's still time to participate if you want 
I’m doing a giveaway to celebrate my 1 year of blogging! If you are a follower You can enter at this post and if you’re not now is a great time to become one… 
http://crafting-vicky.blogspot.ca/2013/03/candy-for-celebrating-my-1st-year-of.html

Hugs and have a wonderful Sunday night!






Comments

  1. So sorry about your Mother-in-law. But, I think that she would have loved this card. Thanks for playing with us at Brown Sugar this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I just wanted to stop by and thank you for using one of my sentiments for such a special card. I also wanted to say a big thank you for using the "Share With Me" feature on my blog which was the reason I found out you used my sentiment! You have a great blog and I'm a new follower now. I've also added you button to my sidebar. Thanks (from one Canadian to another) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you from Word Art Wednesdays. But I am afraid I don't understand most of the acronyms.
    Blessings,
    Janis

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure your mother in law would be very proud of all the accomplishments you have achieved. This was such a sweet dedication card to her. The image and sentiment are perfect together and I love the vintage feel to the piece.

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicky, Sorry for your loss. Sounds like you did some special things in remembrance which is wonderful. Wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicky, I remember when she passed and how close you were to her. I love that you did this wonderful card in memory of her. I know you will always cherish the memories. Also thank you for having "A Piece of Heart" badge on your blog. I am so glad I found her through you. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful tribute, Vicky. Love your interpretation of the sketch and how you used all those neutrals. Marvelous image!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a wonderfully heart-felt tribute, and a DELIGHTFUL project. I LOVE the sentiment and the overall vintage feel to this. I'm very sorry for your loss, Vicky. May God comfort your heart!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card in memory of your mother-in-law. May fond memories of her warm your heart. Thanks for joining us this week at WAW.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful card in memory of your MIL! She would be very proud of you and what you've achieved with your blog and crafting!! Thinking of you and your family always xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great inspired card here! Gorgeous!

    Thank you for sharing this with us at Aud Sentiments!

    Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the vintage look of your card! Thanks for joining us at PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway