DDC # 53 - Buttons

Hello everyone!!! It's time for another challenge over at Digi Darlas.  This time it's all about buttons!!!

So we have a really really creative team for whom buttons mean all kinds of different things... wonder what buttons mean to you?!?

I went literal... I used the wonderful digi Button Jar with pins.

I decided to go with a sewing theme and with some die cuts that I had not played with yet... I purchased a set at a real deal and I had not yet used it ;)
And yes I used my real sewing machine to make this... the kids were really happy because that meant that I did their scouts badge at the same time  ;)  I used my Sewing elements set to make the sewing machine and scissors and to make them I used the cardboard from the new TV that we had purchased... had to tear it apart... and it was double so had to really rip part of it off...  I added a bunch of small buttons from my stash.  The brads also come from my stash.  I don't remember which set of spellbinder I used to cut out the sentiment...  I used my Tim Holtz distresser around all the edge.  Very nice as a stress reliever lol  The paper is from My mind's eye - Lost and found.

Here's a closer look at the digi that I colored using my copics and the awesome sentiment from Create with tlc that I inked with vintage photo

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

  1. Great impressions stamps - Going green or recycling ( I recycled the box)
  2. Sarah hurley challenges - Recycle - card board box
  3. Sassy studio designs - Recycle - card board box
  4. Whoopsi daisy - Buttons or bows (used buttons ;) )
Hope you have liked this little creation!  There's one more post for today ;)  so please stay tuned!  And don't  forget to comment.  Totally love to read them.

Hugs

Vicky
Xo
I’m doing a giveaway to celebrate my 1 year of blogging! If you are a follower You can enter at this post and if you’re not now is a great time to become one… 

Comments

  1. Great card Vicky, very creative and so nicely done. Thanks for joining us at Sassy Studio Designs for Recycle.
    Karal SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card, Vicky. Love the sewing die cuts and all the buttons sprinkled about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sew creative (yup I went there!) Love the colours and what a great way to recycle items that normally get tossed!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card Vicky. I love the way you used all the sewing items together. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one reminds me of my mom! I love the layout and the fabulous embellishments, the sewing machine especially!! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sew cute! Fabulous die cuts. =D Love this card. Thank you for playing along with Sassy Studio Designs!

    xx Star (SSD DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the recycled box! And the sewing machine and scissors are too cute! Thanks for joining us this month at Great Impressions Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the sewing machine, very sweet. Thanks for joining us over at Sarah Hurley this month.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card Vicky. Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great card Vicky. Thank you for joining us this week at Whoopsi Daisy. Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's beautiful,love the buttons!Thanks for sharing it at Sarah Hurley's Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway