The witching hour

Good evening everyone!  Yesterday I spoiled myself ;)  Yup I finally bought some some digis from Heather Valentine.  Don't know if you know but you can only find her digis in her store now.  And the store is here.

Right now she's retiring some digis and they are only at 1$$$.... so of course I went shopping and bought all of them... and today she added more... NOOOOO... so just had to purchase them as well ;)

This being said I got the ones that I purchased yesterday today and of course just HAD to start playing with them... so instead of doing the sensible thing and doing my DT work... I played with my new digis ;)

Now I have to share a secret with you guys... I really looooove anything to do with goth, vampire, witchs, etc.... I don't do a lot of cards with that because well lets be honest I don't  have a lot of friends that I could send this to... but tonight I did one just for me!  And I used a wonderful sentiment from Create with TLC that was part of a Christmas set but that would totally fit how I'm feeling these days ;)

For this card I used the fabulous digi The witching hour.  You can find it here.  Did I say that it's only 1$$$$$!!!!!!

For my card I kept it really simple... I used some ribbon that I had in my stash as well as some cardstock.  I used my standard circle die  from Spellbinder to cut the circle.  I used my CM tearing tool to cut the sentiment out.  I added some black soot distress ink around it.  I used my cm corner punch to cut out the corners of the digi.

Here's a closer look at the digi that I colored with my copics.  I added a bit of stickles star dust to the star on the pin holding her hood.
And here's  a closer look at the fab sentiment that you can find here.
Yup these days that's what I feel like... lol  but no I won't poison anyone...

And you really really should go and check out the fabulous sale... did I say lots of digis for 1$$$$ ;) lol

I followed this awesome sketch:

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
  1. Feeling-sketchy - Sketch
  2. Haunted design house - anything goes scary (my 1st time playing this challenge ;) )
  3. Crafty boots challenges - Black plus bright color of choice (red for mine)

Hope you have liked my creation even if it's a darker one than usual... it was really good on my mood however! ;)

Hugs

Vicky
xo






Comments

  1. Vicky... you did an awesome job! The Coloring the layout. WOW! I love it! Thanks for creating with my digi:)
    ~heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just amazing, Vicky!! LOVE your coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, busy and talented lady, this card is absolutely striking. Wonderful colors and amazing image,
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your coloring is fantastic! I'm still practicing and learning with alcohol pens. I love that sentiment with the image, too!!! And isn't this exactly why we create? Self-therapy?!? Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, Vicky!!! So glad to have you joining us in the dungeon at Haunted Design House!! Fabulous image and card. I love that ribbon! I have two rolls of it myself. Looking forward to you stretching your darker wings with us in our future challenges.
    Keep it creepy,
    Glo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fab-u-lous Vicky! Love the colouring and colours you've chosen...and, of course, the Heather Valentin digi!! What a bargain!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, Vicky! Amazing digi and love what you've done with it. Great sentiment, too. Thanks for joining us at HDH and hope to see you back soon. Getting your creep on is sooo theraputic. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way cool, I love the blood stained ribbon and the image is a bargain at $1
    thanks for joining us at hdh

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing card. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Vicky. Thank you for joining us at Feeling Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card. Do you happen to know who the sketch is by? When saving them I like to put them in files with their 'author' or 'originating blog'.

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I don't know who the sketch is by... but the link to the challenge where it comes from is on my blog so if you want to check it out you can. I don't save the sketches lol I just go with the next one available for challenges or by my own layout that I'm thinking about.

      Delete
  12. Great card Vicky. Love the image and your colouring is awesome.
    Thanks for playing @ Feeling Sketchy this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love this design. Wonderful job. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW what a card!!!! and stunning colouring!!! Great take on the sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome card Vicky, I love the use of the ribbon. Thaanks for joining in with us at Feeling SKetchy.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  16. Coolio very beautiful. Thanks for playing along with Haunted design house x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway