Saturday, 19 January 2013

Steampunk Rio

I'm back with another post this Saturday night!  My day was also really awesome because I received another set of wonderful French and English sentiment from Create with TLC.  It's called Feeling it in French!  I was sooo excited because this means that I can make lots of cards for all type of occasions using the wonderful work from Create with TLC.  What's even more awesome with this set is that because it's bilingual I can make cards ahead and whoever I give it too will understand.

I had a wonderful digi from Simply Betty that is being offered to play with a challenge on FB!  I really needed to get going so this was the perfect occasion to do so.  For this challenge you are to CASE the card.  So I copied it as closely as I could.

Now this also gave me the reason to get some of the dies for my Cameo!  I was super happy to play with it.... of course I had some trouble to understand how to cut it properly... and to set the paper well.  And for one of the cuts that I did for a later card, the cardstock shifted... this means that the blade cut the mat deeply... so I think I will have to get another mat soon :(  I was not proud of that... but well... I guess that's the best way to learn...

So for this I used paper from Paper reflections - the paper company.  The rest is from my stash YAY!!!  The ribbon is also from my stash.  The gear was the new die that I got.  I also used my long classic rectangle die cut for the sentiment and a punch for the corners of my digi.

Here's a closer look at the digi colored with my copics

And here's the awesome sentiment from the new set:
I'm really happy with how this turned out and my coloring of this digi!  I think I'm getting better with my copics... I guess practice does make a difference.

I'm entering this in the following challenges:
  1. Simply Betty - January challenge
  2. 2 sisters challenge blog - color challenge (brown, blue and white)
Really hope you have liked my card!  It was fun to do and I'm soooo excited about this new set that I have printed it 3 times... so you will be seeing lots more of it ;)

Hugs

Vicky
xo



5 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Vicky! Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful!! I love how you colored that image. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Vicky. Your colouring is stunning.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, the coloring is wonderful.....great card.
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. I love your design and the coloring is wonderful. Good for you for getting the Cameo out and working with it. Mine is still in the box...joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!!

pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...