So when they showed up I sat everyone down and told them that I was not the maid... and that if they didn't take care of their stuff I was going to put it in bags and give it away... I've had it... and the list included not just the kids but the biggest one of them all as well my hubby...
Soooo I really needed this craft time this afternoon.
I saw a wonderful sketch that I wanted to try as well as a new technique which is spotlighting... never done a card with that before. I also always need some general B-day card so this was a great occasion to do one ;) I used the wonderful digi Morning glories from Sweet and Sassy!
For my card I used paper from Lilybee design - Buttercup that I purchased at McMahon Design. I used my Classic rectangle small, Classic rectangle large, standard classic circle small, Standard Classic circle large and Long classic rectangle all from Spellbinder. The border punch used is from EK. I added a ribbon from my stash. I also added some Robin's nest dew drops looooove those so much. I had to stitch some badge on my daughter's scout uniform... so I kept the sewing machine out and stitched all around the card as well as the panel.
Here's the digi that I colored partly with my copics ;)
And here's the wonderful sentiment from Create with TLC.
I followed this sketch:
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
- Sweet stop sketches - Sketch (and I used my sweet and sassy digi)
- My time to craft challenge - spotlight technique (sooo glad I saw this post and tried out this technique)
- 2 sisters challenge blog - Celebrations (Birthday)
- All sorts challenge - Dies and punches
- Catch the bug blog - Birthdays
- Dis digi designs challenge - Try something new (the spotlight technique never used it before!)
- Wags n whiskers rubberstamps - Celebrations (birthday)
- Charisma cardz - Birthday card (celebrating their 4th b-day!!! Happy birthday ;) )
- Loves rubberstamps challenges - use dies or punchies ( I used both)
- Whoopsi daisy - Use dies and punches (done ;) )
Hope your Saturday has been good! I'm off for some more creating ;) I'm really ahead for my DT work. Just love that this way I'm not stressed about missing a deadline... it's never happen and I really hope it doesn't . Don't forget to leave me a comment I really love reading them!d