May this season of joy

Hello Everyone!!!!  Missed me?!?  I was super busy at work since it was my year end.  The next weeks will be just as nuts with all the restructuring taking place.... oh well at least I'm not bored lol

So it was a really quiet week on my blog... shows that I no longer do DT work for Papelitos because there was nothing posted since Monday... you could hear the crickets on my blog (well if it wasn't close to winter you would).  Speaking of winter I'm trying to get some Christmas cards done so I thought that this would be a great time to showcase one.

For this card I used a wonderful image that I had won over at Beccy's Place a while back called Holly ornament.  I had a way to showcase it in my head and it was to put in unto a card that was a much longer process then expected... I wanted it just the way I was picturing it!

I'm really happy with the result.  I really wanted my ornament to look like the Christmas ornaments that my grandma had in her tree that were in glass and super fragile...  To make this card I used paper from 2010- My mind's eye  - O Christmas Tree and Toga  - Le p'tit bloc.  I used my standard circle large and Label 11. I used some vintage button and put some floss in them.   The ribbon is from my stash.  I also used my CM corner punch to round out the edge of the shape.

Here's a closer look at the digi that I colored using my copics as well as platinum stickles and a metallic pen from American Craft.

The sentiment is from Create with TLC and you can purchase it here for only 1$$$  So a great deal for your Christmas cards.  I made the stick pin to go with this card.

To make this card I followed a sketch:


I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
  1. Jingle belles rock - Sketch
  2. Beccys place - November challenge (with a Beccy's place image)
  3. Crafty ribbons challenge - Christmas
  4. Card makin mamas - Anything goes
So that's it for me!  Going out with my hubby tonight, that rarely happens so should be fun plus we get to roll back time during the night so that means either one more craft hour for me or some more sleep... wonder which of these options will win! :D

Hugs

Vicky
xo



Comments

  1. Hello Vicky. Your card is absolutely gorgeous. I love the bauble, and I remember my Grandma having those too, happy memories. Lovely design and papers too.
    Love Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Vicky! I love it. Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that sentiment ... what a lovely holiday card ... so glad you got Sketchy with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card turned out beautiful Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to have you back again. :-D Love that stick pin and the ornament is magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what an awesome card! so many layers and fabulous details! thanks for joining in our JINGLE BELLES fun! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice take on the sketch, Vicky. Love those fab papers you used and the great die cuts! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a beautiful ornament card Vicky. I think I did hear those crickets all the down here in Alabama....lol joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Vicky. Those music notes in the background look fantastic. Fab work! Thanks for playing with us at Crafty ribbons! :) Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a wonderful job colouring the bauble Vicky, I really like the addition of the glitter. I love the design of your entire card, it has a very vintage flavour with a hint of country! Great job.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway