Dutch Dare challenge # 192

This week at Dutch dare challenge our challenge is about fancy folds :D  And our wonderful sponsor is
Crafty Sentiments

For this challenge I got to use the wonderful digi Hootie Christmas Corals from Crafty sentiments.  It's soooo cute!  And I made a card that I had never done which is a Step Center card.... it was much more complicated then I had expected.... I also tried to do a different type of embellishment that I learned by going on my DT friend's blog Desire Fourie you can find her awesome tutorial here.  I'm pretty happy with how my card turned out... it's not as gorgeous as Desire... but for me it was a good attempt!

So to make this card I used Little yellow bicycle paper and DCWV cardstock.  I used my Large deckled rectangle and curved rectangle from Spellbinder. I used my CM punch to cut out the circles for the flowers.  I added some floss and buttons from my stash.

The image was colored using my copics and I added some stickles for the added sparkle.
Here's a closer look at the flower with the button that I made!  I was really happy with the result!
Here's the great sentiment from Create with TLC.
And here's a side view of my card!

So will you be joining in this week at Dutch dare challenge?!?  Don't  forget to look at the gorgeous work that the other DT have done!  Fabulous.... and can't wait to see your amazing creations.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
  1. The crafty pad - It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
  2. SJ papercrafts - Christmas
  3. Scrap-creations - Winter
  4. Paper playtime - Anything goes
  5. Dude time doodles - Holidays
  6. Fashionista challenge - Blue Christmas (I have some brown... but I think the blue was predominant)
  7. Creative card crew - Anything goes
Hope you all have a fabulous Thursday!!!!  I have parents teacher meetings tonight at the highschool.... so it will be a really really busy day... And I have tons of work on my desk since I've been in meetings most of the week.... yikes... not enough hours in a day...

Hugs

Vicky
xo






Comments

  1. This is so awesome!!! I love it.. I have to tell you... I saw this on the Dutch Dare website this morning and I laughed so hard!! I just did my card for Crafting When We Can yesterday... and I used THE SAME EXACT Circle fold from Desire LOL!!! I couldn't believe it!!! When I saw you had used the same one !!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! Love your design and those flowers are so cute. I definitely want to try that soon. So glad you joined us for our Holiday Challenge at Dude Time Doodles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marvelous, Vicky! Such an adorable image and I love the sentiment. Great paper choices on this fab step card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet sentinent and images. Cool embellishments too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful design Vicky. I love this card and that image is so cute. Great job on those flowers. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun that you did a center-step-fold card! Love the little flower circles you created! And the sentiment goes perfectly with your image! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your circle flowers Vicky and your card is just so cute. Thanks for joining us this week at Dude Time Doodles we hope you had fun. Good luck in the challenge, see you in the next time.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    Dude Time Doodles November GDT
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card Vicky, I like the image and the circle flowers you have made, Thanks for joining in with us this week at Dudetme Doodles, Good Luck
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't notice you had this in the Dude Time Doodles Challenge Vicky, thanks for entering!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job Vicky, Wonderful paper choices and the folder paper flowers turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your embellishments are so great! Really love this centerstep card!
    Chantal

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card honey! I really should try those adorable folds that desire does they make the cards look so effective! Gorgeous colours and detail. Sorry for not commenting sooner. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Terrific card and super great flowers! Thanks for joining the Holiday Challenge at Dude Time Doodles!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute ! Thanks for joining us at dude time doodles!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Vicky
    Very cute love it!! Love the button!! You are so creative!!! Miss you.

    Hugz
    Enabler
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know for sure I looked at your card before & I love it to bits! Thanks so much for joining the fun at both The Crafty Pad & Dude Time Doodles!
    I wish you good luck in both challenges as well as the others you've mentioned!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card Vicky, love the image and bits n pieces added. Choice of papers are just fab and love that folded flower..x

    ReplyDelete
  18. A lovely card. The image is so cute and love your embellishments. Thanks for sharing with us at Dude Time Doodles.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card! Thanks for entering the Dude Time Doodles Challenge! Dude Time Doodles

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this! Thanks for playing along with us at CCC xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Vicky... great card..love all the layers and the image too!
    Thanks so much for joining in this challenge at Fashionista!

    DT Coordinator~~ Rina

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway