Cozy winter Owl

Good evening everyone!  Hope you had a good Monday!  My Monday was crazy busy... but so will the rest of the week!  I still managed to put in a bit of craft time :D

I really wanted to play with the fabulous digi that I won last time I played at Meljen's challenge.  So I made a little card with him.  He's totally adorable and was a total joy to play with!
I started out with a wonderful sketch that I will post down my blog from sweet sketch... I chose my paper and layered it... but I really wasn't happy with the look... so then I took out my Tim Holtz distresser and really had fun!  I really love how it turned out it seems that's what this card was calling for.

The paper is from Toga - Le p'tit bloc.  I used my classic squares, scallop circle and classic circle dies all from Spellbinder!  Those are really my go to dies I realize...  I seem to form some habits... going to have to break them or else my other dies will be lonely...  I added a little ribbon from my stash.

Here's a closer look at the digi that I colored with my copics.  I added some stickles to the hat and some liquid appliqué for the snow to which I added some glitter ritz in warm white.

Here's a look at the fabulous sentiment from Create with TLC,

Here's the sketch that I followed:

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
  1. Sweet sketch wednesday - The fabulous sketch
  2. Meljens designs - Critters
  3. Cutie Pie challenge - distress your card
  4. Crafty Ribbon - Christmas
So what do you think?  Did I do good?!?  I believe that with the beautiful Meljen's digis.. you really can't go wrong...

Good night everyone!

Hugs


Vicky
xo

Comments

  1. Congrats on your win, your card is adorable. I love that liquid applique which is just perfect for snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicky, you card is adorable. I love the puffy paints and sparkle you have added. Thanks for joining us.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling card Vicky. Love that sentiment stamp. I may have to get one! Thanks for joining in the sketchy fun this week over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice take on that sketch, Vicky! Love that image and the special effects you added to it. Very cool papers, too. :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute!!!! That owl is adorable!! Awesome coloring! I love your layout!!! Just awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. adorable... i love the owl... i found it on MELJEN's designs challenge blog. i am a new follower and email subscriber.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fantastic Vicky. I love how you colored the owl..and ofc the sentiment is just perfect! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Meljen's Designs. Goodluck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is one super sweet card!! I can see why you wanted to play with that image right away, it's adorable!!! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the sketch and the dp is rockin the background. Sweet image and perfect coloring.
    Hugs
    Berni
    berni46blogspot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just oh so cute! Love your fluffy looking snow and beautiful ribbon. Happy to have you with us at SSW.
    Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Vicky your critter card is sooo cute! Love that fat little owl and your coloring is great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card Vicky. I love the design. And this image is great. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  13. VERY CUTE! Love it! It is shared on the Cmas blog too! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a super cute image!! Awesome card =)
    So glad you played along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!!
    Blessings to you - Sally SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Vicky your Winter Owl is too cute for words, I just love this image and your wonderful traditional Christmas colours and papers and that great satin bow is the perfect finishing touch to a lovely card. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. So darn cute! Love the puffy paint for the snow and the added sparkles. Great job with the sketch. Thanks for playing along at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable! Thanks for playing along with us at Meljen's this week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway