Cardinal requested card

This weekend I was really busy creating cards, it's a good thing because I'm not sure that I'll be able to create at all this week.... :(   I'm going to miss it!!!!  I'm pretty sure that I will be trying to get a tiny bit done lol.

So I got some requests for Christmas cards.  I really love making Christmas cards, but it's a lot scarier to do them for someone else!  I had done a card already with the image Cardinal on Lamp post that is a pre-colored image by Digi Darlas!  I'm really starting to love using those as I can really concentrate on the rest.

Here's my card:
For this card I used some papers from Toga.  I used a ribbon from my stash.  I created a stick pin just for this card.  I used my scallop die, my circle die as well as my Label 13 all from Spellbinder.  I added some Robin's Nest Dew drops in the corners.

Here's a look at the digi to which I added some stickles to really make the snow sparkly
Of course my card would not be complete without a wonderful sentiment from Create with TLC You can also see the stick pin that I made.
To make this card I followed this sketch:

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
  1. Cute card thursday - Sketch
  2. Corrosive challenges - Flutterby (I'm going with a bird)
  3. Glitter n sparkle challenge - Things with wings
  4. Simple-salutations-challenge-18-11-07-12 - Mark's finest paper ( I got a wonderful message on my previous winter bird card from Melissa!  So figured I would play along)
  5. Crafty bloggers network - Christmas anything goes
  6. Bunny zoes crafts - Winter
  7. Crafty cardmakers - more than 1 punch or die cuts (I used 3 different die cuts for this card)
  8. Joanna sheen challenge - Cold and frosty
I hope you have enjoyed my card.  I'm really happy that Monday is over :D  Going to bed now... did not finish all that I was hoping to accomplish but hey... my list is probably too long anyway lol  Don't  forget to leave me a comment they really make my days!

Hugs


Vicky
xo


Comments

  1. Like the Cardinal card. Especially like the snow look on the lamp post. Thanks for entering another wonderful card in Mark's Finest Papers Simple Salutations Winter Bird challenge.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    MFP SS Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card... love all the details, colors & image

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmarkers this week

    Hugs
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing Vicky!!! Absolutely beautiful!!! That pin and charm are gorgeous!! And I love the touch of glitter on the snow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! I love all the glitter on the lamp and your sentiment is lovely :) Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers for our 'More than 1 punch or Die-Cut Challenge'
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicky, you should never be scared to make soemthing for someone else. your work is always fabulous and this is no exception! The coloring you did is fantastic and all the details really add to it. Great job as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOh beautiful love the papers and the stickpin. Thanks for joining us at glitternsparkle hugs trisha x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous.Thanks for sharing with us this week at Crafty Bloggers Network.xxx

    CBN DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOOhh wow.. this is beautiful!
    Love the colours and the images! awesome! Love it!
    Thanks for sharing with us this week at Glitter n Sparkle..
    Toni - DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one is beautiful. I love the colors. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous card, love that image!
    Many thanks for joining in the
    ♥Cute Card Thursday Challenge♥
    this week! Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful. I love the image and gorgeous colours. Your stick pin looks wonderful and the sentiment is lovely too.

    Thank you for taking part in the Joanna Sheen Challenge

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card turned out really great and I love the swirly paper in behind the Cardinal. Great job!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. fab card thanks for joining us at glitter n sparkle and good luck emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card! I love that beaded pin. Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Vicky, love the glow from the lantern. Thanks for sharing with us at BunnyZoe this month.
    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card Vicky, and that handmade pin looks great! Thanks for playing along at Crafty Cardmakers this fortnight. Sharon x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway