Just because...

It's been sooooo long since my last post lol since Tuesday morning... Wow feels like forever!  I did some cards this week but they are for later... so no post to show you.  But tonight I decided to play :D

I really wanted to participate in the blog hop that will be going on at Create with TLC.  I also wanted to start making some hostess gifts!  I had a great idea for one.

So here's my great idea :D  I used the fabulous image from Digi Darlas Birdhouse Flower Pot.  I thought it was a great all purpose image to use.  Sometimes we have images that are way to specific... This one makes a wonderful hostess gift I think.

So to make this card, I used some paper from K& Cie it's a double sided paper so I used the paper on one side then on the other side for the die cut.  What's fantastic, is that it was a left over piece!!!  Love when I get to use my stash.

The cardboard that was used for the wine bottle is from Recollection that I purchased at Michaels.  I used a sizzix embossing folder to emboss the cardstock for added interest.  I used my grand Label 4 and my label 4 to cut the digi and the paper under.  I also used my grommet tag.  All my dies were Spellbinders.  I used some ribbon and brads from my stash.

Here's a closer look at the bottle of wine and the card:

And here are closer look at the digis from both that I colored with my copic markers here's the list that I used(E08+E09 for the pot, E23,E25,E27 and E35 for the birdhouse, YG17 for the vine, YG67 for the leaves of the flower, G85 for the ground, Y18 for the flowers and YR09 for their center and finally I shadowed using B00)  wow... I never give such detail instructions lol
And to finish of the card I used a sentiment from Create with TLC that I distressed using Peeled Paint.  I thought this was perfect for a card that could be used for any type of reason!

I will be entering this in the following challenges as well as the TLC Blog hop (as soon as the linky is up :D)
  1. 365 cards - Non card (for the bottle tag)
  2. Joanna sheen challenge - Down in garden
  3. Divas by design challenge - Texture (the embossing but could also be the brads or ribbon)
  4. Shopping our stash - go green or recycle (I went the green route... but I did use lots from my stash)
  5. Tuesday alchemy - Anything but card or tag (I figured that the bottle type of tag was not the usual tag and would be eligible... especially since one of the DT used this sort of technique)
  6. My grafico crafts - Anything goes
So that's it!  Hope you have liked my creation :D  I had so much fun doing this.  I think it will be making a great gift.  I also think that I'll be making some more in advance.  So you will be seeing some more of these for sure!

That's it for me for tonight!  It's Friday!!! And it's a long weekend here in Canada!!!! WOOOOHOOOO so you know I'll be back during the weekend :D

Hugs

Vicky
xo






Comments

  1. This is really nice!! I love the idea and it's definitely a really nice house warming gift or even nice for a dinner invite. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just BEAUTIFUL! What a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your designs and they will make such a wonderful gift. Love the image. thank you for sharing this with us at Diva's by Design.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab creation they are both gorgeous!

    Have a great weekend
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy to have you join us this week at Tuesday Alchemy with this sweet pairing!

    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful idea and lovely coloring. Great job Vicky...joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vicky - Saw your creations on the Create with TLC blog hop and came over. What a great idea for a hostess gift ... it really jazzes up a bottle of wine! Love the image too. Thanks for sharing.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that image, Vicky, and what a great tag! Love the dp and the bow on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a lovely and thoughtful gift set, that is indeed a PERFECT hostess gift! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (green!) STASH with us this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wine labels are my FAV! Thanks for joining us at 365 Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous combo! I love the wine tag, and the card is perfect for any time. Thanks so much for playing with us at Shopping our Stash this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was here earlier and don't see my comment...hmm?
    Beautifully done project! Absolutely wonderful gift idea! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway