a little penguin stamping...

A few weeks back I came across the cuuuuuutest little stamp series from Darcie's Heart & Home at my local craft store Scrapbook Centrale.  Now... I don't  use a lot of stamps anymore... but I knew that I just HAD to purchase those.  So I purchased all 3 sets... and the little funny little faces that go with them.

They also sell the papers, but I knew that I had lots and that I would want to put my own twist to them... not make them exactly as displayed (what's the fun in that lol at least for me...)

So I found a great sketch to follow over at Inspired by stamping and just started creating.  Plus I had made a promise to an on-line friend to participate in some challenges :D  (hope you recognize yourself NanaConnie).
For this card I used some paper from Basic Grey - Nordic Holiday.  I used some DCWV- premium cardstock for the glossy blue paper (it's really shiny and really doesn't show much with the camera).  I used Large deckled rectangle to cut out the sentiment and my standard circle and scallop circle for the digi and cardstock.  I added some buttons from my stash as well as some Christmas flower that I received as a gift.

Here's a closer look at the little stamp!!!  Look at the added button for the face... sooooo cuuuute!

And here's a closer look at the sentiment from the wonderful set Dear Santa that you can purchase at Create with TLC.
You have to admit that Santa would not be upset with him since he's sooo cute :D  Here's the rest of the set that it's part of you really really need this for your Christmas cards!
--90000--82851_product_1121144358.jpg

Totally loooove that set and you will be seeing a lot more of it on my blog.

I followed this sketch to make this card:
IBSIC-#30

I'm entering this little card in the following challenges:
  1. Inspired by stampin - Sketch
  2. Basic grey challenges - Sparkle (the shiny paper as well as the little gems in the flowers)
  3. Perfect sentiments challenge - bingo (flower, glitter, buttons)
  4. Simon says stamps challenge - Dies and/or punches (lots of dies)
  5. Tuesday alchemy - Anything goes
So that's it for me for tonight.... ouf... busy day :D  But oooooh so fun.  I'll be back tomorrow with 3 more posts :D

Hugs

Vicky
xo








Comments

  1. Such a fun card, your image is delightful, beautifully colours and papers - I love your sweet sentiment!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with both Basic Grey and Simon Says Stamp challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, Vicky I so love this wonderful card. That button face is amazing. I really, really love this card...joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Vicky I love your card, gorgeous papers, the image is super cute and I love how you've added the button face, fab idea :)
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sentiment is as cute as the little penguin! Love him's shiny button face! Thanks so much for playing with us at Inspired By Stamping, Vicky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad someone made you participate!! Ha!
    your going to have all these cute cards when your done.

    LOVE the button face for the penquin! too adorable.

    Thanks for blog hopping with us @ The Perfect Sentiment Anniversary Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's definitely cute! Love the combination of pattern and color you used and the ADORABLE little penguin :) Thanks for joining the Perfect Sentiments anniversary celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such an adorable card Vicky! I love all the beautiful details too! Thanks for joining us at IBSIC this week! Hugs, Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely!! :)

    Thanks for playing with us at BasicGrey Challenges and we hope you will join in with our next challenge! :)

    *hugs*
    Angélique - DT BasicGrey

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute little fellow !! Great card. Thanks for joining us at The Perfect Sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway