Altered Art

I did something tonight that I never do... I made something that is completely different than a card.  It's a journal.  This journal will be used to record our camping memories when we go to Vermont camping.


I do scrap-booking... and since I'm quite a few years back I figured that it would be fun to have a recording of our 2 weeks of camping.  And of course it can be written by the adults, or my 4 kids.  Which will be fun at a later date to see their handwriting.  Of course since it's in the state Red, White and Blue where perfect colors for this project.  


There are so many challenges going on with this color I thought it would be great fun.


Here's my journal before I started out:
I bought this at the dollar store for 2$.  I then went all out with the paper and the stamp ;) And this is what happened:
I used a bunch of leftover paper from all kinds of project including some paper from my Disney scrapbooking album.  I used a CM shape to cut that paper out.  I also used a stamp from Hero Art Moments that I purchase for a fraction of the price at a local store.  I used a  stamp from Canine Capers 2 from Kraftin Kimmie.  I figured it represented our family well.  I have 3 dogs ;)  I used copics to color him up and used glaze on the window and my CM silver pen for the outside of the window and the door handle.

Here's a closer look at the image:
Isn't he cute?  It's the 2nd time that I use him.  I just love it  when I use a stamp many times.

And this is the bottom saying:
I just thought the saying was perfect for a journal that would be used to record our memories.

I'm entering this card in the following challenge:
  1. Creative craft challenges - red white and blue
  2. Kraftin kimmie stamps - Anything but a card
  3. Craft your days away - Red white and blue
  4. Raise the bar challenge - Hello Summer (I thought my memory book for vacation was perfect for this)
  5. Delightful sketches - red white and blue
  6. Moving along with the times - red white and blue
  7. My mums craft shop challenges - red white and blue
I really loved the way it turned out and can't wait to see what the kids will write in it.  Best way to record the moments don't you think?!?

Vicky
xo




Comments

  1. This is too cute! I don't have kids but I have a niece and nephews and I love looking back on things they wrote to me. It's fun and the memories just come flooding back! I hope you a fab time camping!

    Lisa Mensing

    ReplyDelete
  2. your journal cover is great
    I love the doggie and the colors too
    Great Job and see wasnt hard at all
    Enjoy and hope to see more
    Lilfeathers
    Lisa T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea & the end result is fantastic!

    Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT & Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job of altering that journal, I love that little doggie!
    Thanks for playing along this week at MAWTT for our 'Cool Britannia' challenge and good luck in the draw
    Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's fab. Love the image :)

    Thanks for joining in at Creative Craft Challenges this week.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish you could see me right now, I am just having a fit! This is so cute, I am going to have to show it to my husband! I am a HUGE dog lover and this just tickled me! Thank you for playing along with the Delightful Challenge Design Team this week!

    Hugs,

    Chriss - DT
    http://www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea - I love journals and yours is just terrific. Thanks for sharing at Delightful Challenges.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely, thank you for joining us at Craft Your Days Away..And good luck.

    Caz CYDA DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. That doggie image is so cute! I love it when my dogs want to hang their head out the window - it just looks like they love life when they do that!

    Great journal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ok the dog is cool!!! so funny face!! Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges!!
    hugs
    xMx

    you can visit http://whenthescraphitsthefun.blogspot.com/
    for my free digis!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10

400 followers giveaway